The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period. The Second Amendment guarantees a fundamental right that belongs to all law-abiding Americans. The Constitution doesn’t create that right – it ensures that the government can’t take it away. This is about self-defense, plain and simple.
ECONOMY AND JOBS
- Reduce the massive debt of the U.S.
- Bring back jobs from China and Mexico.
- Renegotiate bad trade deals.
- Penalties for currency manipulators.
- Tax cuts for most Americans and simplify tax code.
- Reduce corporate tax rate to 15%
- Support initiatives that make US energy resources competitive globally.
- Pursue all available energy resources and financially viable renewable alternatives with investments to advance wind, solar and clean coal technologies.
- Rescind Obama’s excessive regulations on the coal industry.
- Revive construction on Keystone pipeline.
- Build a wall to secure the southern border
- Defend the laws and Constitution of the United States
- Triple the number of ICE officers.
- Nationwide E-Verify to protect American jobs
- Mandatory return of all criminals
- Defund sanctuary cities.
- Enhanced penalties for overstaying a visa
- End birthright citizenship
- Defeat ISIS – Period.
- Identify the true source of Islamic Terrorism and implement policies to confront the problem.
- Restore American leadership in the world – but be smart about using the American military.
- Secure our borders and reform Visa programs.
- Build up the strength of our military so that nobody would dare challenge the U.S.
- If you are single and earn less than $25,000, or married and jointly earn less than $50,000, you will not owe any income tax.
- All other Americans will get a simpler tax code with four brackets – 0%, 10%, 20% and 25% – instead of the current seven.
- No business of any size will pay more than 15% of their business income in taxes. This lower rate makes corporate inversions unnecessary by making America’s tax rate one of the best in the world.
- No family will have to pay the death tax.
- Bring China to the bargaining table by immediately declaring it a currency manipulator.
- Protect American ingenuity and investment by forcing China to uphold intellectual property laws.
- Reclaim millions of American jobs and revive American manufacturing by ending China’s illegal export subsidies.
- Strengthen our negotiating position by lowering our corporate tax rate to keep American companies and jobs here at home.
- The guiding principle of the Trump plan is ensuring veterans have convenient access to the best quality care.
- Ensure our veterans get the care they need wherever and whenever they need it.
- Support the whole veteran, – both physically and mentally.
- Do better at meeting the needs of our female veterans.
- Make the VA great again by firing the corrupt and incompetent VA executives who let our veterans down.
Compelling Mexico to Pay for the Wall
Introduction: The provision of the Patriot Act, Section 326 – the “know your customer” provision, compelling financial institutions to demand identity documents before opening accounts or conducting financial transactions is a fundamental element of the outline below. That section authorized the executive branch to issue detailed regulations on the subject, found at 31 CFR 130.120-121. It’s an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year. There are several ways to compel Mexico to pay for the wall including the following:
- On day 1 promulgate a “proposed rule” (regulation) amending 31 CFR 130.121 to redefine applicable financial institutions to include money transfer companies like Western Union, and redefine “account” to include wire transfers. Also include in the proposed rule a requirement that no alien may wire money outside of the United States unless the alien first provides a document establishing his lawful presence in the United States.
- On day 2 Mexico will immediately protest. They receive approximately $24 billion a year in remittances from Mexican nationals working in the United States. The majority of that amount comes from illegal aliens. It serves as de facto welfare for poor families in Mexico. There is no significant social safety net provided by the state in Mexico.
- On day 3 tell Mexico that if the Mexican government will contribute the funds needed to the United States to pay for the wall, the Trump Administration will not promulgate the final rule, and the regulation will not go into effect.
- Trade tariffs, or enforcement of existing trade rules: There is no doubt that Mexico is engaging in unfair subsidy behavior that has eliminated thousands of U.S. jobs, and which we are obligated to respond to; the impact of any tariffs on the price imports will be more than offset by the economic and income gains of increased production in the United States, in addition to revenue from any tariffs themselves. Mexico needs access to our markets much more than the reverse, so we have all the leverage and will win the negotiation. By definition, if you have a large trade deficit with a nation, it means they are selling far more to you than the reverse – thus they, not you, stand to lose from enforcing trade rules through tariffs (as has been done to save many U.S. industries in the past).
- Cancelling visas: Immigration is a privilege, not a right. Mexico is totally dependent on the United States as a release valve for its own poverty – our approvals of hundreds of thousands of visas to their nationals every year is one of our greatest leverage points. We also have leverage through business and tourist visas for important people in the Mexican economy. Keep in mind, the United States has already taken in 4X more migrants than any other country on planet earth, producing lower wages and higher unemployment for our own citizens and recent migrants.
- Visa fees: Even a small increase in visa fees would pay for the wall. This includes fees on border crossing cards, of which more than 1 million are issued a year. The border-crossing card is also one of the greatest sources of illegal immigration into the United States, via overstays. Mexico is also the single largest recipient of U.S. green cards, which confer a path to U.S. citizenship. Again, we have the leverage so Mexico will back down.
Conclusion: Mexico has taken advantage of us in another way as well: gangs, drug traffickers and cartels have freely exploited our open borders and committed vast numbers of crimes inside the United States. The United States has borne the extraordinary daily cost of this criminal activity, including the cost of trials and incarcerations. Not to mention the even greater human cost. We have the moral high ground here, and all the leverage. It is time we use it in order to Make America Great Again.