SPIRIT OF AMERICA RALLY FAQ’s
Q. What can I expect at the rallies ?
A. You can expect to find like-minded fellow citizens who share our core conservative values. You can expect to hear our National Anthem. You can expect to hear informed and inspiring speakers. And you can expect to find diversity at the rallies; Main Street Patriots is non-partisan.
Q. What do I do if I want to organize a rally ?
A. 1. Send an email to email@example.com with organizer in subject line and your state .
2. Network with people in your area and find a location for the rally and apply for a permit if needed. Local or state governments sometimes make venues available for rallies; some charge a fee and some require evidence of liability or property insurance. Smaller rallies can often be organized in public spaces (including sidewalks) with no permit or fees required; MSP always recommends that organizers inform local law enforcement, safety director and police departments, and City Hall. Decide which date you will be holding your event.
3. Send the location, time and date of the rally to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can promote it on the web site.
4. Create a FaceBook Event for your rally and share on FaceBook. Be sure to share on Main Street Patriots Facebook Page . Keep it updated with details. Use the Main Street Patriots logo and/or photographs of local organizers. After your event, post photographs of your rally.
5. Send out press releases to your local media. (We will provide you with a sample press release once you have a location.) Most organizers send out two to three press releases; the first announces the event; the second and third confirm details and announce speakers, emcee, entertainment, or additional specifics about the event.
6. Notify local law enforcement of your rally plans. They may designate an area away from your main area for counter protests. This is highly recommended.
7. Determine your program, speakers; when confirmed, you are ready to prepare your second or third press release.
8. Continue to promote your event with emails and social media. If you have access to local media, explore options for phone interviews, in person interviews, and the like. Always plan to send your local media contacts a final report (including the size of the rally) with photos.
9. Please use the image below as your Facebook Event banner. Simply right click on the image and save it as banner.jpg . If you need assistance please send us an email and we will be glad to walk you through the process.
Facebook Image Sizes (personal page)
One thing to remember when choosing your photos is that there is a difference between how things will display on your personal timeline and how things will display in a user’s newsfeed. Make sure that you are choosing dimensions based on where you want the majority of viewers to see your image.
- Must be at least 180 x 180 pixels.
- Photo will appear on page as 160 x 160 pixels on desktop, 140 x 140 on smartphones, and 50 x 50 on most feature phones.
- Profile pictures are located 16 pixels from the left and 176 pixels from the top of your cover photo on desktop.
- Profile pictures are located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from the bottom and 196 pixels from the top of your cover photo on smartphones.
- Photo thumbnail will appear throughout Facebook at 32 x 32 pixels.
Profile Picture: 180 x 180 (Displays 160 x 160 on Desktop)
Facebook Event Photo Size
In order to make sure that your potential guests are seeing the best possible image, it’s important to make sure that you choose the image dimensions that Facebook uses for each different placement. There are 3 different places that your guests could see your image on the Facebook: on the event page, in their Newsfeed , and on the “Upcoming Events” page.
Event Page Dimensions
The location that guests are most likely to see your event invite is on the actual event page. The image that I used below started at 851×315 pixels, however, Facebook scaled this image down to 784×295 pixels. So when choosing a photo of your own, bear in mind that users will see the 784×295 version.
What tools can you use to create your Facebook cover photo?
If you want to edit your photo to fit perfectly, there are some great tools available that you can use on your desktop or your phone.
PicMonkey is a free desktop app that gives you the option to crop a photo to the Facebook cover photo size. To crop, choose the Edit option from PicMonkey’s menu, upload your photo, select Crop under the Basic Edits tools, and then choose Facebook Cover Photo from the dropdown of sizes.